Friday, March 15, 2013

PE Reflexion Reflection of 1st Half & Goal for 2nd Half



Time flies. Six weeks ago I was starting this outstanding Japanese language course. I knew it would be difficult, but I couldn't imagine how tough it would be.  I'm going to my Spring Break as a survivor. I use to imagining myself as Rocky Balboa in his movies. He always looses some fights, but in the end he is the winner. Well, I feel I also can do it. ;)

My goals on PE was:

  • To speak Japanese properly, focusing on all intonations and rhythms.
  • To identify the long syllables and pronounce them correctly.
  • To identify double letters and pronounce them correctly.

Unfortunately, I'm not speaking Japanese as I would like to. I have some problems, especially in some free conversation.  I can identify the long syllables and double letters, but sometimes I cannot pronounce them correctly. I'm working on it. Shibata-sensei has helped me a lot. By the way, I do love to do "shadowing". It's such a very good tool in order to improve our pronunciation.

My goals on the whole course was:
  • To catch up with my classmates
  • To increase my vocabulary
  • To improve my listening 
I'm not sure if I've caught with my classmates, but I'm close to. (I hope!). Definitely, my vocabulary and listening has increased a lot. Of course I have to work more and more on it. I use to saying Japanese is a language that we have to study for all life long. 


For the next 6 weeks of course, I NEED to:


•                Practice free conversation with my friends and classmates, focusing on all intonations and rhythms.
•                Pronounce the long syllables and double letters correctly.
•                Take more shadowing activities than I've taken.


How to reach my goals:
  • To study harder than I've been studying.
  • To talk to my Japanese friends
  • To go to Japanese Tables
  • To watch Japanese dramas and TV programs on Internet and read more mangas.

No comments:

Post a Comment