Friday, March 15, 2013

PE Reflexion Reflection of 1st Half & Goal for 2nd Half



Time flies. Six weeks ago I was starting this outstanding Japanese language course. I knew it would be difficult, but I couldn't imagine how tough it would be.  I'm going to my Spring Break as a survivor. I use to imagining myself as Rocky Balboa in his movies. He always looses some fights, but in the end he is the winner. Well, I feel I also can do it. ;)

My goals on PE was:

  • To speak Japanese properly, focusing on all intonations and rhythms.
  • To identify the long syllables and pronounce them correctly.
  • To identify double letters and pronounce them correctly.

Unfortunately, I'm not speaking Japanese as I would like to. I have some problems, especially in some free conversation.  I can identify the long syllables and double letters, but sometimes I cannot pronounce them correctly. I'm working on it. Shibata-sensei has helped me a lot. By the way, I do love to do "shadowing". It's such a very good tool in order to improve our pronunciation.

My goals on the whole course was:
  • To catch up with my classmates
  • To increase my vocabulary
  • To improve my listening 
I'm not sure if I've caught with my classmates, but I'm close to. (I hope!). Definitely, my vocabulary and listening has increased a lot. Of course I have to work more and more on it. I use to saying Japanese is a language that we have to study for all life long. 


For the next 6 weeks of course, I NEED to:


                Practice free conversation with my friends and classmates, focusing on all intonations and rhythms.
                Pronounce the long syllables and double letters correctly.
                Take more shadowing activities than I've taken.


How to reach my goals:
  • To study harder than I've been studying.
  • To talk to my Japanese friends
  • To go to Japanese Tables
  • To watch Japanese dramas and TV programs on Internet and read more mangas.

No comments:

Post a Comment